Madica are a local well established civil construction company operating within 100kms of the boundary of the City of Ballarat seeking applications from experienced Site Supervisors who, in conjunction with the Construction Manager, can plan, lead and coordinate civil construction works including land subdivision, bulk earthworks projects, pipelines and road reconstruction.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, including equipment use and maintenance, material and subcontractor scheduling and labour productivity, all whilst maintaining a strong safety and quality focus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and delivery of day-to-day project activities
- Mentor and build your team capability and capacity
- Forecasting and programming to meet project KPI’s
- Efficient and economic use of resources
- Daily administration including timesheets, delivery dockets and daily site diary
- Procurement and scheduling of labour, subcontractors, equipment and materials
- Undertake pre-starts, toolbox meetings, site inductions, training and internal audits
- Ensuring safety on site and completed works are within OH&S standards and regulations for employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Working to Engineering Plans and Project Schedules
- Manage environmental requirements on site
- Regular inspections of work being undertaken
- Significant civil construction experience with a proven track record on land subdivisions, road reconstruction, pipelines and earthworks projects
- Excellent communication skills and rapport at all levels (Client, Council, Workers, Contractors and General Public)
- Experience in working with authorities such as local councils and service authorities
- Ability to schedule and manage time effectively
- People management, conflict management and resolution skills
- Able to work autonomously and deliver quality outcomes
This position comes with an attractive salary, company vehicle and phone.
Immediate start for the right candidate
In order to be a successful candidate you must have a minimum 3 years’ experience relevant experience,, hold a current Driver’s License, Construction Blue/White Card and be able to pass a Drug and Alcohol screen.